Saturday, March 8, 2014

10 Things



It's been FOREVER since I last posted. Motherhood is not an easy thing to tackle I tell ya. Anyhow, I was just putting my lovely down for a late nap and as I listened to her breathe on my chest I had a thought. I had this impulse to tell her 10 things I love about her, then I decided I'd write it out for her baby book, and then I decided I'd also blog about it. And finally, I thought why not start this as a tradition. Why not for the rest of our time together don't I just stop what I'm doing to tell her just 10 things? So I'm doing it. I held her for a few seconds longer before laying her down and whispered these next 10 things into her soft, little tendrils of hair.

1.) I love how you look at me seconds before you do something that requires bravery and then you take off. It shows you trust me and that you're looking to make sure I don't miss a thing.

2.) I love how even at almost a year old you can detect my emotion. And in the moment that I give in to  how tough it can be sometimes and cry a little that you crawl over and lay your head on my knee. It wills me to pick myself up and keep going, to keep trying.

3.) I love how you play with your hair right before you fall asleep. I did that. I still do.

4.) I love the sound of your giggle. I would choose that sound over any other sound in the entire world. I'm even willing to bump my head on the table and say "OUCH" to hear it. 

5.) I love the way you pat my back when I hug you. 

6.) I love that you love to dance. I see many dance parties in our future.

7.) I love that you'll still let me stroke your face when you're upset and it soothes you.

8.) I love how beautiful and intelligent you are.

9.) I love that you "sing" to the music in the car.

10.) I love that you don't always go with the flow, are a bit difficult, and know what you want. You don't always and won't always get your way, but I always want you to have tenacity. It gives you character.

1 comments

  1. This is so beautiful! Harper is extremely lucky to have an awesome mother like you who is so in tune to her needs. Keep enjoying this special time.

    ReplyDelete